VDare [links in original]
GOP Whip Steve Scalise has so far defied predictions that he would be sacrificed in the latest Main Stream Media–megaphoned “racism” scandal. But the MSM has not given up [The Louisiana Nazis Who Courted Steve Scalise, by Jason Berry, The Daily Beast, January 3, 2015]. And the Scalise shambles highlights the hypocritical dependence of even Establishment Republican politicians on implicit white identity politics—while scrambling to deny it; and while pursing policies that dispossess the very people on whose votes they depend.
No one even alleges that Scalise said anything that could be taken as hateful or than conventional Republican boilerplate. Instead, it’s the audience itself that is illegitimate—although though Scalise has maintained “he did not know about the group’s agenda or background.” [Scalise Admits “Mistake,” Is Backed by fellow GOP leaders, by Caitlin Huey-Burns, Real Clear Politics, December 30, 2014] Indeed, according to Duke associate Kenny Knight, Scalise actually spoke to a civic association meeting instead of a “EURO” audience. [Steve Scalise spoke to civic association meeting, not white nationalist conference, David Duke adviser Kenny Knight says, by Julia O’Donoghue, The Times-Picayune, January 1, 2015]
After all, Scalise is not exactly a hard liner. On immigration, his career NumbersUSA grade is only a B+ and his grade in the most recent Congress an ignominious D, perhaps anticipating his entry into the House Leadership.
And many other Republicans, including prominent “moderates,” have found themselves in the same situation. One of the main fundraising tactics of the Southern Poverty Law Center ($PLC to VDARE.com) is point-and-shrieking at Southern politicians who spoke before meetings of the Council of Conservative Citizens around the same time Scalise allegedly spoke before EURO [Mississippi Senator Trent Lott and Georgia Congressman Bob Barr Have Connections to White Supremacist Group Council of Conservative Citizens, by Heidi Beirich and Bob Moser, SPLC, Fall 2004]. However, many of these figures are actually far from stalwarts in the struggle against the curse of Political Correctness and some are even active supporters of Amnesty. According to the $PLC itself, they include:
- Former Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour, a prominent supporter of an Amnesty/Immigration Surge and a lobbyist for the Mexican government.
- Senator Trent Lott, who was identified by Mark Steyn as “in large part responsible” for many Senate Republicans supporting the 2006 McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill. [Audio]
- Bob Barr, who ended up supporting a guestworker program and condemning a border fence during his 2008 run for President as a Libertarian.
For a group of “racists,” these and other Republicans haven’t actually been doing much to stand up for White people.
The problem for the Republican Party isn’t the “racism” of its politicians—it’s the fact that only white people will vote GOP. While the regular MSM lynchings from Trent Lott to Steve Scalise mean that contemporary Republicans are decreasingly likely to speak in front of explicitly white political groups or align with overtly pro-White figures, their dependence on the White vote has only increased—especially in Southern states like Louisiana where Republicans won over 80% of the white vote and lost 95% of the black vote in the most recent Senate election. This means that the MSM, if it looks hard enough, will almost always be able to find “links” between a Republican and some local politician, group, or campaign worker who has impermissible opinions.
Result: the GOP is politically trapped. If it tries to increase white turnout to win elections—its only real option, what VDARE.com calls the “Sailer Strategy”—it will be attacked by the MSM as appealing to racists. If it actively avoids even implicit appeals to white voters and engages in pointless and embarrassing “outreach” efforts to minorities, it will lose elections.
What’s worse, this comes at a time when appealing explicitly to America’s burgeoning tribal groups on the basis of racial grievances is now at the core of the Democratic grand strategy. Thus the fairy tale created around a black “Gentle Giant” supposedly executed by white police in Ferguson, Missouri turned up as a campaign issue anywhere Democrats needed to increase black turnout.
And the justifications for an Amnesty/Immigration Surge have also become more overtly ethnocentric, as figures like Luis Gutierrez no longer even pretend that mass immigration is about anything but replacing the historic American nation. And the mental gyrations required to remain an “anti-racist” are now approaching the point of becoming a kind of induced mental illness utterly incompatible with any kind of “limited government” politics.
But in the long term, the GOP has to either unapologetically use identity politics in the same way as the Democrats—or force the Left to pay a price for using the identity tactics denied to them. Given the tight ideological discipline of the MSM, the latter won’t happen any time soon.
Republicans are better off unapologetically championing white voters and accepting they will be called names no matter what they do.
Republicans like Rand Paul already seem comfortable with explicit identity politics so long as it is used against whites. They might as well stop apologizing for representing the only people who will vote for them.
Is Congressman Luis Gutierrez a traitor? Let’s review the evidence.
- Gutierrez has vowed that he will “punish” Americans because they express misgivings over the mass migration of his racial “community.”
- He issues these threats against Americans in a foreign tongue, on a network designed to mobilize opposition to the historic American nation.
- He allies with foreign governments against American states. [Rep. Gutierrez: Arizona’s Law Is State Sanctioned Racial Profiling, by Luis Gutierrez, U.S. News & World Report, April 20, 2012]
- He says “every institution in America” should violate the law in order to import more illegals.
- He says he has only one loyalty – “to the immigrant community.”
- He urges the President to betray the oath both of them took to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States—although Obama has previously acknowledged mass Amnesty through executive order would be unconstitutional.
Indeed, we can almost regard the allegedly Catholic (though fanatically pro-abortion) Gutierrez as a kind perverted “Sign of Contradiction”—whatever he supports will assuredly harm the historic American nation.